Translate

21 May 2012

30 Day Summer Shape Up, Day 1

So I decided to join Huffington Post in their 30 Day Summer Shape Up Challenge.  I was a little concerned about what this might entail, but it actually seems pretty reasonable and not something I'll have a hard time committing to.  Basically, you just have to do some activity every day from now until the start of summer on June 20th that makes you sweat.  Whatever you want to do.  I'll be chronicling this on Twitter if you want to see how I'm doing.

The Challenge launches today.  You can read more about it here:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/sarah-klein/summer-shape-up_b_1527589.html

And you can sign up here:

http://link.huffingtonpost.com/join/30daysummershapeup

Let's go!

6:12 pm

On my way back from my walk on the beach I came up with the idea to do a diary for the challenge, because tweets are such short bursts of information and I found I had more to say.  Like that when I started my personal challenge it was like pulling my own teeth to motivate myself to get out there, get up, get moving.  But now it's starting to be something I look forward to, and I love that I feel that way about it.  And I also love that there's a beach just a few minutes away because there's just that thing about the ocean that floors you with it's beauty and how awesome (in the literal meaning of the word) it is.  Although I really wish people would not drink and/or litter on the beach.  I personally like walking in the sand barefoot, and I nearly sliced my foot open on some idiot's broken beer bottle.  I strongly dislike that I have to be vigilant of such.  In any event, it was still a beautiful breezy afternoon and I rather enjoyed myself.  See you guys tomorrow!!

2 comments:

  1. What's Going down i'm new to this, I stumbled upon this I have found It positively useful and it has helped me out loads. I am hoping to give a contribution & help other customers like its helped me. Great job.
    My website :: Vacation Rental Guide

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the compliment!

    ReplyDelete