Translate

28 May 2012

30 Day Summer Shape Up, Day 8

I'm going to keep today's post simple because it is the tail end of a holiday weekend and it's still up in the air whether or not another trip to the beach is in order.  This morning I went for a bike ride.  What I noticed about that today is that for once, I didn't want to take music.  Music was requisite for all outdoor exercise ventures when I started, because I didn't really want to do it.  I needed a distraction to keep me motivated.  And while I still love it as much as I used to, I'm finding now that I don't want it when I exercise.  I'm not knocking anyone else for going there, but for me lately I'm finding it messes with my pace and breathing, because I'm paying attention to the song more than myself.  I suppose I could make playlists that would wouldn't do this, but for now I'm content with silence or just whatever sounds I hear outdoors.  Interesting, that.

Happy Memorial Day. everyone.  See you again tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment