Translate

29 May 2012

30 Day Summer Shape Up, Day 9

Let me tell you, I never thought the staircase I climb to get to my bedroom loft could be used as a home gym, but as it happens it can.  I heard something the other day about this and it sounded interesting, so this morning I Google'd and I found this article on womenshealthmag.com.

There were four exercises preceded by a two minute stair-walking warm up.
  1. Side squat
    Works core, back, hamstrings, inner thighs, quads, and calves 
  2. Spider-man pushup
    Works shoulders, rotator cuffs, triceps, chest, core, hips, and glutes
  3. Stair dips with bridge
    Works neck, shoulders, triceps, wrists, chest, core, glutes, and legs
  4. Rotational reach
    Works shoulders, core, and back
I had a little trouble with the Spider-man Pushup.  I'm not completely sure I was doing it right... but this is definitely an exercise routine I intend to revisit, so I'll work on it.  This is a workout you really can feel and it takes very little time to get through.  Women's Health suggests two non-consecutive days a week.  I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment