Translate

25 May 2012

30 Day Summer Shape Up, Day 5

Today's topic: How much is too much?  I began the challenge going at it like I've been doing regularly a few times a week.  As it turns out, I can't keep that up on a day-to-day basis.  I believe I was onto something yesterday with the 10 Minute Solution video.  I think that's about where I ought to stay for the duration.  I'm really feeling the burn.  I feel changes occurring and I'm happy about it because I know this is my body upgrading.  But I also know that if I keep pushing it too hard I'll end up shutting myself down, which is the very last thing that I want.  On the upside, I feel that by the end of the 30 days, exercise will have become a more regular habit in my life, and that's fantastic.

This morning I wanted to slow things down a little so I did 15 minutes of yoga, which I love because it's not only great for your body in myriad ways, but also has that wonderful calming, centering thing about it.  Sweat broken, daily challenge met.  I hadn't done yoga in moons, and I want to do so much more than 15 minutes when the Summer Shape Up is over.  Everyone enjoy this beautiful day and I will see you here again tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment