Translate

24 May 2012

30 Day Summer Shape Up, Day 4

Last night I was searching through Instant Netflix titles for exercise videos.  If you have an account, this is a great resource because you don't have to go buy it or pick it up from the store, it's just right there waiting for you.  I picked 10 Minute Solution: Pilates.  I bought several DVDs in this series around a decade ago.  Each one has five different workouts, which you can do singly or in combination with others, or if you're really in shape you can do all of them together.  I'm not there yet.  And since I'm only on day 4 of 30 and I'm really feeling it, I can't kick my own butt or I don't see myself finishing the challenge.  So I think one at a time will do quite nicely for now.



Today I chose the first in this series, Pilates for Abs.  This form of strength training is particularly important to me as core training with improve the situation with my back injury substantially.  I liked that many of the exercises had already been taught to me by the physical therapist I worked with last summer.  I had to take a break during part of the workout despite modifications, and one exercise just wasn't going to happen at all, but that's okay.  Best not to overdo it.  I learned my lesson with that after the foot injury in April.

It's beautiful outside.  I think I'll catch a little sun on the deck before getting on with my day.  See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment