Translate

27 May 2012

30 Day Summer Shape Up, One Week!

This morning I started thinking about the how the last couple of days I had been going on about how I was overdoing it, and that I was afraid in doing so I might not be able to finish the challenge, and what all of that meant.  I realized I was going from one extreme to another, the same as how in my youth I used to eat whatever I wanted all the time and then starve myself to get thinner when I felt I was putting on too much weight.  I decided that if I managed to find balance in my diet, I could do the same with exercise.  I wanted to re-visit strength training since all the cardio in the world just isn't going to get me the figure I've always wanted.  I found this (see picture insert) in my garage the week I moved into my new house.  I thought I'd give it a shot, today just focusing on the strength training portion.


Exercises included the wall crawl, calf raises, the lift (butt lift), ball pushups, abdominal curls, back extensions, triangle press, rear deltoid press, bicep curls, tricep overhead extensions (I had some trouble with this one, but I managed it), gluteal extensions, gluteal orbits and gluteal presses.  In order to not swing back to that other extreme where I sprain muscles and such, I did one set each with the minimum number of reps.  And believe you me, that was enough.  I like this program.  There are modifications for more or less of a challenge, and I can add more sets as these become too easy.  When I get around to the cardio portion I'll let you all know how that goes.

Well I'm feeling pretty good about today, how about you?  Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment