Translate

30 May 2012

30 Day Summer Shape Up, Day 10

Yesterday and this morning I was researching more ways to exercise at home without equipment (We have the cross trainer, but honestly I won't go there unless I have no other alternatives - it's boring), and I came across an e-book called The Trouble Spot Tune-Up.  You can download it for free here.


What woman doesn't want to know more about this?  Maybe not every one, but a lot of us do.  A few fellows as well.  This is what I thought: Most of these exercises are fairly common with a few interesting modifications.  The third exercise had a huge editing error.  This screamed at me since I'm a writer first, and a fitness enthusiast second.  I know that's a side issue, but I think if you're going to put out what's supposed to be a professional exercise manual, it shouldn't have such errors.  Kind of like when I see tweets full of internet jargon or spelling errors, it tends to make me think the author is an idiot.  Just an opinion.  The fourth exercise is the most effective for hamstrings I've ever done without using a gym machine.  The standing exercises were interesting.  I had to skip the lunges due to my back giving me some grief the last few days.

All in all, it was alright.  Worth taking another look at later.  I'm really glad I started a diary for this challenge.  At the end of the month I'll have great and varied resources all bookmarked and organized.  Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment