Translate

06 June 2012

30 Day Summer Shape Up, Day 17

Today is all about arms.  With summer almost here and months of short or no-sleeved shirts, it's good to get familiar with simple workouts to shape this area.  I found this article on the Livestrong site.

Guess what I learned?  Before 20 minutes ago, I had no idea how to properly do a pushup.  That certainly makes this post irrelevant.  But that's okay.  I meant for this challenge to not just be a physical one.  By trying to find a new set of exercises to do every day, I intended to learn more about my body and how to make it stronger.  Realizing that I haven't even come close to doing this exercise right (when I finally did, I found I could only manage 7 of them - and just barely) made me appreciate the importance of proper form when doing exercises.

Moving on, I loved this article.  I focus on finding exercises you can do without any equipment but yourself, not only because I have limited access to any such equipment, but because so many people skip out on exercise by making excuses such as, "I don't have any weights/machines" or "I can't afford a gym membership."  You don't need either of these things to get strong and fit.  You just need to have the motivation to do it.  Hey, if I can find this stuff every morning surfing the net, so can you!  It's interesting and fun to do something different every day.  Why not give it a try?

No comments:

Post a Comment