Translate

04 June 2012

30 Day Summer Shape Up, Day 15

Who says you can't move forward by standing still?  I had heard of callanetics and isometric exercise in childhood, mainly because my mother was always looking for the best way to exercise with the least amount of effort.  It kind of seemed like hooey to me, but I remember reading books and pamphlets about it that were lying around the house and even being interested enough by the concept to do a little library research on the subject.  This morning I woke up feeling more sore than I'd care to, and I remembered this kind of exercise.  So one Google search later, I found this video.

Screenshot, because Blogger only lets you embed YouTube videos

About 5 minutes in, I made a mental note never to view a workout video on Daily Motion again.  There was an ad every couple of minutes, and when you're doing a stationary move that you have to hold for 100 counts, you really don't want that kind of interruption.  Their hamstring stretch was a no-go since it was basically a 100 count toe touch.  Other than that I liked the exercises I did.  I wonder if they used callanetics as a basis for pilates.  It would seem so.


No comments:

Post a Comment